Kia Ora Fishery
***IMPORTANT - Silver Pond (top lake) is closed for renovation during 2015 ***
A newly constructed fishery complex now fishing well, all year, set only a mile from Cullompton town centre. This purpose-built fishing complex has been heavily stocked with all species of fish, with a total stocking now in excess of 25,000 fish and still being added too! This high stocking policy provides for year-round, high quality fishing for experienced and novice anglers alike.
The fishery consists of two main ponds:
Silver Pond – 1½ acres and averaging 4-5’ deep, stocked with loads of small bream, rudd, roach, crucian’s, F1's and tench to 3lb.
Gold Pond – 2½ acres and 5’ deep, stocked with carp to 16lbs, tench, F1's, skimmer bream and crucian’s.
All conventional baits are successful with most anglers fishing a pole or waggler set-up. In good conditions it is not unusual for very large nets of fish to be the norm. The Association has made a substantial financial investment in the Kia Ora fishery complex and are totally confident that has become the Association’s premier water. It is in fact already gaining a reputation as a highly productive fishery, this being borne out by the many anglers treating it as their favourite water, with many an angler travelling long distances to fish it, such is its excellent reputation. As the water matures and the fish levels and bank side vegetation become more established this will further enhance its appeal to anglers.
Directions from Exeter:
Head north on the M5, leave at junction 28 for Cullompton. Head for the town centre, you will come to a T junction, turn left onto the A3181(towards Exeter), pass through the town, as you leave the town centre you will pass a garage on the right, continue on for ¼ mile until you come to a small roundabout, turn right into Swallow Way. Continue through the housing estate and to the top of hill, as the road turns sharp right you turn left into Knowle Lane, continue for 800 yards and directly in front of you will see the Kia Ora carp park (the rugby club car park is on the left), the ponds will be found down the field from the car park. Note: you can also follow the Cullompton Rugby Club signs, as Kia Ora car park is adjacent to the rugby ground.
- As per the Association handbook
- No close season
- No Dogs
- No floating baits or surface fishing
- Juniors must be accompanied by an adult
- Barbless hooks only
- Two rods per angler
- Fishing from dawn to dusk
- Parking only permitted in the car park
- Please ensure our access gate is closed at all times
- Landing/keepnets must be dipped in the dip bin provided prior to fishing
- Please check your handbook for match dates as the ponds might well be closed for matches
- No large hooks below size 8 allowed
• Only members allowed on site, non fishing membership permits £5.00 + SAE ( Only to be used when accompanying a member when fishing ) from Hon. Sec, E&DAA, PO box 194, Exeter, Devon EX2 7WG
Boundaries: The entire Kia Ora complex, no fishing in the stew (stock) ponds.